"A rising tide sails all boats" Tracy Lamourie
Public relations is often viewed to be a necessity for only specific and limited entities and individuals. However, according to our guest today, Tracy Lamourie, this belief is not accurate whereby she believes that PR is for everyone regardless of where you are and what you do in life. If done correctly, Tracy believes that people can take advantage of the opportunities to build their brands and elevate themselves positively.
Tracy Lamourie is a high-profile international award-winning publicist and the Founder and Managing Director of Lamourie Media Inc., which is a Universal Women's Network 2020 Woman of Inspiration Winner for the Women In Media award. She is also the author of the upcoming book GET REPPED - Build Your Brand With Effective Public and Media Relations. Tracy is passionate about amplifying important messages and being a voice for those who most need one. She has been recognized by media around the world for her 20-year campaign that ultimately helped free an innocent man from death row and for her work of getting clients major media attention and for her local community work. She is the winner of the FIRST PLACE PLATINUM award Hamilton Spectator for PR and also a frequent guest on TV, radio, and high-profile podcasts around the world on topics of leadership, empowerment, and entrepreneurship as well as all aspects of media and public relations. She is a 2020 RBC Women of Influence Nominee and was recently nominated for the internationally prestigious 2020 Tällberg/Eliasson Global Leadership Award.
In today's episode, our guest will be discussing on why you should be considering giving more positive attention to your image and how to do it through a PR agent. She will also highlight the importance of fostering good relationships even as you put yourself out there as a leader.
- People hear PR and think it is about celebrities or politicians who might need some spin-doctoring. [1:49]
- My job is to elevate and celebrate what people are doing, whether it is creative people, celebrities, or entrepreneurs [2:05]
- No matter what you do, there are media opportunities for you not just in your industry, but also in the mainstream. [2:32]
- New entrepreneurs can access the PR options as long they understand a few key things that help you build bridges [3:02]
- A lot of people are great at what they do but don't think of themselves as potentially being in media or winning awards [5:28]
- The people who appear in media and win awards probably knew about how to go about it, or they had a publicist who put them out there [5:44]
- Being featured in media elevates your brand by improving your SEO, gives you an advantage over your competitors and attracts customers as well as excites your current customers [7:07]
- Finding an experienced PR person helps simplify the work, which would typically take a lot of time [9:50]
- Commercial break [11:48]
- What I guarantee my clients is my excellent work, my contacts, and my connections. [13:02]
- There is nothing wrong with celebrating your accomplishments and talking about them. [4:52]
- There is a difference between arrogance and confidence. Arrogance has a smirk and confidence has a smile. [15:05]
- Find opportunities to elevate other people [16:30]
- If you have good people and you do well to them, they also do good to you. [18:46]
- It is all about relationships and lifting people up. [21:09]
- So be kind to people regardless of the position they are in. [21:15]
- It doesn't matter what you do; there are media for you. [22:25]
- I am a bigger critic of my work than you are. [23:25]
- We did not get this far only to get this far, we can keep going, and there is more to go. [23:51]
Thank you to our July Sponsor: Entrepreneur’s Guide to Financial Well-Being
Imagine starting a long journey without a map…or even a clear idea of the obstacles ahead. That’s exactly what it’s like for entrepreneurs who start companies with a lot of passion, but without the financial expertise to grow and scale their businesses and create long-term wealth for their families.
Wayne Titus shows you how to find a financial adviser who can help you map a better journey. In his book, The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Financial Well-Being. With the right adviser at your side, you’ll have the freedom to focus on what really matters to you.
Get The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Financial Well-Being at Amazon.com and in the virtual bookstore on the Shock Your Potential app.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.